Adequate sleep is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Most adults need 7-8 hours of a good quality sleep on a regular schedule. Here are 5 tips to help you sleep better at night:
- Create a relaxing bedroom environment. Make sure your bedroom is quiet and clean. Set a comfortable temperature and minimize external lighting.
- Reduce blue light exposure in the evening. Turn off the TV, put down your devices, and switch off bright lights at least 1 hour before heading to bed.
- Avoid long day time naps. While a short power nap may be needed on occasion, long day time naps confuse the internal clock and impair sleep quality at night.
- Skip the alcohol. Alcohol is known to reduce nighttime melatonin production and increase symptoms of sleep apnea, snoring, and disrupted sleep patterns.
- Sleep and wake at consistent times. Try to get into a regular sleep/wake cycle — especially on the weekends. If possible, try to wake up naturally at a similar time every day.
If you liked this entry, please share it using the links below!